The third apple of our logo represents what makes us different and is symbolic of who we are.
When cut horizontally, the apple has five core seeds:
First Core Seed: Formators
- Parents, as primary religious educators
- Pastors/pastoral leaders, principals, catechetical leaders, teachers, parish staff and entire community are formators
Second Core Seed: The Religion Curriculum
- Taught from K-12 in a consistent, age-appropriate way in each of our 101 schools; consists of 8 strands:
|- Church||- Doctrine|
|- Lifestyles||- Old Testament|
|- Morality||- New Testament|
|- Sacraments & Prayer||- Social Teachings / Justice|
Third Core Seed: Community
- Our schools are communities where students are loved and respected; where Christian behavior is expected, differences are celebrated, and families are welcomed.
Fourth Core Seed: Worship
- Students attend Mass regularly and begin each day and each class with prayer. We celebrate together our common faith; we welcome those other faiths.
Fifth Core Seed: Service
- Students are challenged to reach beyond themselves in service and works of justice to the poor, the sick, and the underprivileged.